Beauty professionals work long and varied hours so incorporating physical activity into your life can be perceived as difficult and a hassle (more on the cons of physical activity in the next blog).
Like any change you’ve made in the past, you’ll be more successful in adding physical activity to your life when you have more reason to change than to remain the same.
See if you can identify the benefits that you want to experience.
Maybe you want to:
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Feel better in body, mind and spirit.
- Shed extra pounds and abdominal fat.
- Live longer by reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Look your best.
- Feel less tired and have more energy to get things done.
- Set a good example for your family.
- Sleep more soundly.
- Improve bone density, reducing the risk of osteoprosis and fractures as you get older.
- Reduce feelings of tension, stress, anxiety and/or depression.
- Become stronger.
- Discover enjoyable new activities.
- Feel better about your body.
- Have fun.
What other reasons do you have for wanting to be more active?