Should you use a licensed insurance agent when shopping for and purchasing health Insurance?
Heck Yes! Absolutely
And here are 5 reasons why it is in your best interest:
- There is no difference in cost to a plan if you purchase from an agent or an insurance company directly. That means you pay $0 extra for the services of an agent and my next points will outline why that is a tremendous advantage to you.
- A good agent is easy to contact – in other words you can contact that agent when you have a question, need to update or make a change and it happens quickly. No more waiting on the phone for hours just to talk to somebody.
- A good agent will take the time to explain the differences of various plans and help you understand what it all means and what is best for you based on your unique needs.
- If you needed to ask questions about your policy or talk about other types of insurance, a good agent will listen to you and explain your options.
- Agents are experts in what they do – they are licensed, certified and are required to take continuing education to maintain their license.
Recently I tried fixing a sink and a screen door at my home. What a disaster on my part, it took me hours, I didn’t have the right tools and they still needed repairing after I finally gave up. I called a local expert who came to my home and fixed everything that I messed up and couldn’t fix in about 20 minutes. Why am I telling you this? Because the benefits of an expert who has the knowledge and the right tools is worth their weight in gold if it saves you time and heartache.
A licensed insurance agent is a perfect match for anybody shopping and wanting to purchase health insurance. Free advice, help find a plan that fits your unique needs, and explain things in easy to understand words – it doesn’t get any better than that!
I am truly interested in your thoughts and your experiences. Leave a comment below and I will give you my response.
Dan Fortier is a Wellness and Benefits Specialist at Fortier Insurance Services. Dan helps individuals and small business optimize their health and wellbeing one small step at a time. He can be reached at email@example.com