- Open Enrollment for California is October 15, 2015 to December 7, 2015 for a January 1, 2016 effective date. Other states Open Enrollment is November 15, 2015 to February 15, 2016. These dates are important because that is when you can add a plan or make a change to your plan. It is always best to discuss your options with a licensed insurance agent.
- It will cost you $0 extra to have a licensed insurance agent help you find the lease expensive plan to meet your needs and answer any questions you might have. This is a smart move because it is free to you (the insurance agent makes a small commission from the carrier and that commission is already factored in to your premium whether you use an agent or go direct).
- The Affordable Care Act provides premium assistance to eligible and qualified applicants based on income and family size. There is a substantial tax penalty if you do not have health insurance. Your licensed insurance professional can explain how much you can save and what the penalty will be if you don’t have health insurance in 2016.
- If you own a small salon, spa, distributorship or manufacturing company (under 49 employees) and you insure your employees now, you may want to continue doing so but the Affordable Care Act does not mandate that you offer health insurance to your employees. In some instances it may be a better financial decision to not offer health insurance and have each employee and dependents get their own insurance and take advantage of the Affordable Care Act subsidies. Talk with your knowledgeable licensed insurance agent to determine what is best for your company.
- Groups with over 50 employees must provide health insurance to their employees. If you have over 50 employees and never offered health insurance you do have several options. A licensed insurance agent can go over your options.
Whether you have 1 person or 100’s of employees you deserve to have the best coverage and know all your options for you and your dependents. You should consult a professional licensed agent that can help and guide you – plus there is no fee for this service!
Fortier Insurance Services along with its partners is a full-service insurance brokerage firm specializing in providing insurance products and services trusted by the BEAUTY INDUSTRY for 20+ years.
Contact us today via our webform or call 1-800-927-3566.