Salon and Spa owners, the busiest bridal season is upon us. How can you benefit? Look into creating a Bridal/Bachelorette niche for your business. Spas and salons have become the hottest spots for bridal showers and bachelorette parties, especially for women who don’t want the traditional wild, club-type atmosphere.
A day or weekend at your spa is the perfect alternative. The key is to create an atmosphere of total relaxation for your guests, and to ensure your spa becomes a place where cherished lifetime memories are made. Here are some suggestions for how to take advantage of this growing trend:
- Offer group discounts of 10% to 15% for groups larger than four or six.
- Offer different options at various price points to accommodate any budget, or allow them to build their own package. Work with the bride-to-be or person planning the party to tailor the experience specifically to them.
- Consider automatically adding gratuity so no one has to worry about money.
- Make sure the wedding date is at least a week away, in the event of allergic reactions, break-outs, etc.
- If you do not have a restaurant on the premises, consider offering appetizers like cheese and crackers or fruit, teas, and champagne. Or let the party bring in a catered meal as long as it is mess-free.
- Gift each guest with a sample product from the spa, along with a list of spa services.
- If the party has dinner plans immediately after, suggest makeup services, or blowouts and hairdos.
Bridal and bachelorette parties can give your business a tremendous boost, as well as create new customers. Allow your salon or spa to be the place that pampers the bride-to-be and lets her enjoy her final days as a single woman, bonding with her girlfriends. Male dancers are optional.